Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New York

New York was great, even if I had terrible weather. By now you've
seen the pictures.

I visited part of New Jersey to meet up with a one of the founding
developers of Mercury. It was interesting hearing what he's doing
now, and to compare Mercury then and now.

I visited the site of the world trade centre disaster, I couldn't find
any monument, just a bunch of cranes not building the new WTC.

I took the subway uptown, a stark contrast from downtown. It's now
clear why films and TV show at least two different styles of
Manhattan, which is still just one of NYC's broughs.

I visited central park, despite the rain (or perhaps because of it)
the park was beautiful, much to my surprise, I thought that it was
simply a really big park. That's not to say it's not big, I probably
strolled about for an hour and saw less than a tenth of the park. It
seemed like every other person in it was lost; looking for their
friend, the exit and in one case the toilet.

I ate a very salty pizza for dinner, it was still very good. I learnt
that in the theatre district that the theatre owner (I forget his
name) collects a tax from restaurants and bars. I don't know if this
is official or if he strong-arms the restaurant into this position.

No comments:

Post a Comment