Saturday, January 21, 2012

I'm in Philadelphia!

I'm here, and breakfast potatoes are great! In Australia we've only
just caught up on the USA's hash brown technology. But the Americans
have discovered a way to infuse more fried-goodness per volume of
potato! Also they can make bacon from turkey; I had to re-read that
entry on the menu to.check I wasn't mistaken.

As I predicted QF93 took off late and I missed my.connection at LAX,
it would have taken too long for me and my bags to change terminals.
The staff were very helpful, and booked me onto US796 - direct to PHL.
My bags were with me too since I had to collect them in LAX
for.customs.

But that's not all. US796 taxied to the runway and then waited for 20
minutes before the pilot said he'd drive us back to the terminal as we
had a broken air conditioner that we needed to maintain cabin
pressure. We left on the fixed plane about 1.5h late. I got info PHL
at the time I would have with my original non direct flights, so
really I shouldn't complain.

The hotel is very nice. It's -2c outside and time to check our some
local places/historic things.

No comments:

Post a Comment