Wednesday, June 29, 2011

London

I arrived in London yesterday after 24hours of flying and stopover. It
was long but okay. I walked through Kensington park and Hyde park to
Oxford St were I walked about aimlessly, had lunch and took the bus
back to the hotel - yes a red double decker one. Checked into the
hotel and had a shower.

I had dinner with Chris and Shanon. We ate pizza at a place a lot like
an old pizza hut, it wasn't great.

On day 2 I went to Cambridge, the trains are pretty good here. I
missed my first tube service to king cross but there was another one
in 2 minutes. Kings cross station is massive, and is actually two
stations, the main one and across the road is the tube station.
Someone told me that there's a third station attached too.

The service to Cambridge was good, there are 2 services an hour, the
same as city services in melbourne on a Saturday.

Cambridge is pretty, lots of old style buildings, I went for a walk
and found myself at St James's college, lots of old buildings and
quadrangles.

I had a good pub meal, people are very friendly, many people in the
pub say "hello" as you enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment